Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snowing and Sewing!

Northeast Texas got covered in snow! (OK, so 4 inches isn't a massive amount, but hey, I'm from Texas.)

Here is my philosophy on snow.

It's great and pretty while it's falling and all perfect and white on the ground. But after a day, it starts getting yucky and interferes with driving and other stuff and begins to be a nuisance. Before leaving for work on Monday, I had to use my Swiffer mop to scrape the snow off the front of my car. (It's a Jeep and I can't reach the middle of the windshield since I'm only five feet tall.8) ) Instead of playing in it, I just watched it fall down. If there's no one to play in it with, then it's not as fun.

All the fun I had with snow. =)

I also created my first "clothing" with my new sewing machine. I made a pillowcase dress for my little cousin for her birthday. ( Sorry it's sideways!)


And then I decided to make her American girl doll a matching dress!



I was so happy with how they turned out. I just hope she likes them too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment